Future design ideas?

If you've programmed a new HuMo-genealogy feature (that you'd like to see included in the official version), please upload and describe your work here.
barrybks

Future design ideas?

Post by barrybks »

Hi,

Firstly, thanks for an excellent package! :D
Works really well and does a great job.

I've got a couple of ideas for possible future development.

1) Would it be possible to link an existing tree member to a users record, so when the user logs in, the tree opens on their record?
Not a requirement as the user may not be on the tree, but useful if they are.

2) I have found it useful to break up my big family tree into smaller trees so I can restrict editors to certain family branches.
What would be good is if you had the same person / record in two trees, then you could use them to link the trees together rather than having to reproduce people / records in both trees.

Just some ideas that might be beneficial.

Thanks for this great project.

Cheers,

Barry.
Huub
HuMo-genealogy programmer
HuMo-genealogy programmer

Re: Future design ideas?

Post by Huub »

Hi,
1) Would it be possible to link an existing tree member to a users record, so when the user logs in, the tree opens on their record?
Not a requirement as the user may not be on the tree, but useful if they are.
I don't know... Normally the mainscreen is opened, and many users probably use search or index options to enter the family tree.
And personally I use the "favorite" options, to directly go to special pages in the family tree.
Maybe it's possible to add an extra link to this user's family page somewhere.
2) I have found it useful to break up my big family tree into smaller trees so I can restrict editors to certain family branches.
What would be good is if you had the same person / record in two trees, then you could use them to link the trees together rather than having to reproduce people / records in both trees.
That will probably quit complex, especially if one of these family trees is removed, or re-read from a gedcom file. But it's an interesting idea for the future!
HuMo-genealogy update? Backup your database! Editing in HuMo-genealogy? Backup your data!
Make multiple backups with: PHPMyAdmin, gedcom export and database export.

HuMo-genealogy software: http://humo-gen.com