Marriage order from gedcom import

If you've programmed a new HuMo-genealogy feature (that you'd like to see included in the official version), please upload and describe your work here.
colin

Marriage order from gedcom import

Post by colin »

I've been closely checking a number of families on my web site, and found that the order of marriages is reversed for everyone with multiple marriages.

If a person has 2 marriages, it is showing the 2nd marriage as 'Marriage #1', and the 1st marriage as 'Marriage #2'.

I can understand this for some of the marriages, as some don't have dates on the partner (as have not yet managed to find them, just references to the marriage in my research of the 'primary partner'.
However, even when the dates of both partners are known - birth, death, marriage - the marriages are showing in the wrong order - I suspect that calculations for the marriage order either don't exist or have an error, as I suspect the marriage order is being based on the order the marriage is found in the gedcom file - so 1st partner found is marriage 1, 2nd partner found marriage 2, etc.

Colin
Huub
HuMo-genealogy programmer
HuMo-genealogy programmer

Re: Marriage order from gedcom import

Post by Huub »

Hello Colin,
I suspect the marriage order is being based on the order the marriage is found in the gedcom file
That's correct. Most genealogical programs export marriages in the same order as the database they use.

If you read the GEDCOM file there is an option to order the families (marriages):
"Order families by date (only needed if families are in wrong order)"
Just select this option if the GEDCOM file is read.
HuMo-genealogy update? Backup your database! Editing in HuMo-genealogy? Backup your data!
Make multiple backups with: PHPMyAdmin, gedcom export and database export.

HuMo-genealogy software: http://humo-gen.com